Mitra & Jeff’s Wedding at Church of the Little Flower and Chevy Chase Club / Nov 23, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving week! We couldn’t send you into your turkey day trance without another wedding to tie you over, so today we’re so happy to share Mitra & Jeff’s wedding with–count ‘em–two ceremonies! They had a mass at Bethesda’s Church of the Little Flower for all guests and then a smaller Persian ceremony for family and friends at they stunning Chevy Chase Club. They had a perfect, sunny, crisp Fall day, albeit a bit windy. Yea…Just.A.Bit. Well, you’ll see.
As the sun set over the great lawn, this sweet couple and their guests headed inside to get their groove on to the sounds of a 16-piece swing orchestra! It was a beautiful day for a beautiful couple and we were so touched to be a part of it all. We hope you enjoy seeing some of our favorite shots and that you have a wonderful holiday weekend with family & friends. Safe travels and we’ll see you next week!
Ready for more? You can view their complete wedding gallery here. The password is Mitra’s maiden name and is case-sensitive.
The talented team:
Reception venue and catering: Chevy Chase Club
Florist: Sue Morriss
Band: Swing Machine Band
DJ: Ali Sabahi
Make-up and hair: Ellie & Jean
Calligraphy: the bride
Videography: Dolce Studio Films
Gown: Vera Wang
As we mentioned, it was tad windy that day. If we had calm, it lasted two or three seconds before it kicked up again, but Mitra worked it!
Sweetness personified. That’s the two of you. We felt it the first time we chatted on the phone when it became instantly clear we were a match for your wedding. There were so many different aspects to your wedding which you had such passion for, and you never missed a beat while taking it all in. We were grateful for so many things that day, among them:
- Both of your families were so caring and helpful and wanted to ensure the celebration went off without a hitch.
- We were so lucky with the gorgeous afternoon light we had while doing your portraits with you. And while lesser beings might have been annoyed with the incessant wind, you just rolled with it, laughing along the way and letting your veil fly where it might.
- The emotional connection you had with those family and friends offering detailed and admiring toasts to you during dinner, especially when they spoke of the two of you as kids. Your reactions were priceless!
- The swing band! If there was anything to set the evening’s mood during your first dance, the band really did it. And when you exhausted them, the DJ picked right up where they left off. We’re pretty sure the dance floor stayed full the rest of the night.
- That you’re such hopeless romantics. Mitra, you wear your heart on your sleeve and that really reached out and touched us.
We really have the best jobs in the world, that we can document the love our clients have and share with their families. Your wedding was the perfect reminder of that. Thank you so much. And congratulations!